Hudson's is one of the trusted retail chains of departmental store. Joseph L. Hudson founded the store in 1881. Over the time, the store expanded and occupied 2,124,316 square feet of a 25-story building. They offer exclusive return policy and customer satisfaction. Hudson's has expanded their business by opening a store in suburban Detroit after their flagship store on Woodward Avenue. Hudson's was involved in the community. They staged Thanksgiving Parade every year since 1924. Joseph L. Hudson Jr. became the president of the company in 1961. They acquired Marshall Field's in 1990. In 2001, all the Hudson's locations are re-branded as Marshall Field.