Ligon Electric, now known as the State Electric Supply Company, is a leading company that supplies electricity to the residential users, commercial users, institutions and government agencies. Ligon Electric was founded in the year 1951 in Winston-Salem in the state of North Carolina. Harold Lewis later joined the company and after all the other partners retired, he became the sole partner of the company. Ligon Electric went on ahead to expand to new areas with Harold Lewis opening a new company location in Mount Airy. By this time, Ligon already had 7 other locations. Ligon was acquired by State Electric Supply Company in the year 2012 and from the year 2012, it started conducting its business as State Electric Supply Company.